Frequently Asked Questions
1.What is the mode of payment?
1. Payment by credit cards:
a. Gateway No. 1 (Operated by ICICI Bank) : Payments through any Master / Visa credit cards issued by any bank. Transaction charges of 1.8% on the total transaction value will be levied by the card issuing bank.
b. GatewayNo.2 (Operated by HDFC Bank.): For all MASTER / VISA Credit Cards (Not International Credit Cards) / HDFC / AXIS / SBI / KVB (Karur Vysya Bank) VISA debit cards(only) .Transaction Charges 1.8%.
c. American Express Gateway Transaction Charges 1.8% for all cards issued by American Express.
d. Cash Cards(ITZ Cash Card & I-Cash Card).
e. Counter Booking – Counter booking is also possible for booking of hotels at the authorized offices of IRCTC.
2. Payment through Internet Banking option of:
a. ICICI Bank - Transaction charges of Rs. 5/- per transaction.
b. IDBI Bank - Transaction charges of Rs. 10/- per transaction.
c. Punjab National Bank Direct Debit - No Transaction charges levied.
d. Union Bank of India Direct Debit - No Transaction charges is levied by Union Bank Of India.
e. State bank of India - Transaction charges of Rs. 10/- per transaction.
2. How can I make Counter booking?
Please walk-in to any of mentioned below addresses. Make payment by cash or DD and get your booking confirmed
IRCTC Hotel Helpdesk
Phone – 022-61539545
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
IRCTC Ltd., Ground Floor, STC Building,
(Jawahar Vyapar Bhawan)
1, Tolstoy Marg, New Delhi 110001
Tel. /Fax: 011-23701100/23701174
Rail Yatri Niwas Building, Ajmeri Gate Side,
New Delhi Railway Station Complex,
Ajmeri Gate Side, New Delhi - 110002
Tel./Fax : 011-23221146, 23234763
INDIAN RAILWAY CATERING AND TOURISM CORPORATION LTD. TOURISM OFFICE:
Internet Print Centre,
IInd Floor, Main Line Station Bldg,
Tel. No: 022-22644378/79 Fax: 022-22644379/022-22632485
6A, The Rain Tree Place,
No. 9 Mc Nicholas Road, Chetpet,
Chennai - 600 031
Tel.: 044-28363726/27 Fax: 044-28361997
SOUTH CENTRAL ZONE
2nd Floor, Am Sri Classic Complex,
Sarojini Devi Road,
Secunderabad - 500 071
Tel.: 040-55201263/64 Fax: 040-66201264
Old Koilaghat Building, Ground Floor,
3, Koilaghat Street,
Kolkata - 700 001
Tel.: 033-22439045 Fax: 033-22439046
IRCTC ( Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation )
Sawai jai Singh Highway
Phone - 0141-4020198/96/94
Telefax – 0141-4020192
Mobile – 098292-62000
Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd
501, Pelican Building, Gujarat Chamber of Commerce,
Ashram Road, Ahmedabad-380009
O: +91 79 26582673 /74
D: +91 79 26582675
F: +91 79 26580735
M: +91 9328526272
Kochi - 09446579474
Banglore - 09844585526
Bhubneswar - 09937033326
Bhopal - 0755-2577011
Lucknow - 09415002000
Chandigarh - 09891348365
3. What is ‘Net Banking’ all about?
‘Net Banking’ is a mode of payment that allows you to pay for the services offered at www.railtourismindia.com by direct debit from your bank account.
4. Can I use this option?
If you have a bank account with which you can make online transactions, then yes, you can definitely use the ‘Net Banking’ option at IRCTCs website www.railtourismindia.com.
5. If I pay by ‘Net Banking’, how long will it take for my account to be debited?
After a successful transaction, your account will get debited immediately.
6. I don’t know my ‘Net Banking’ password. What should I do?
Just contact your bank’s helpdesk and they will retrieve your ‘Net Banking’ password for you.
7. How can I make the payment using the ‘Net Banking’ option provided by ICICI Bank/ Union Bank / IDBI Bank / State Bank of India?
You need to be an ICICI bank/ Union Bank / IDBI Bank account holder for this. Just follow these easy steps:
1. On the payment page, select ‘‘Direct Debit’’, select ‘ICICI bank/ Union Bank / IDBI Bank’ and hit ‘Continue’.
2. You will be redirected to ICICI bank/ Union Bank / IDBI Bank's Infinity page. Enter your login ID and password to log on.
3. On the next page, verify the payee details and the amount to be paid. Select the account to be debited.
4. Enter your login ID and the transaction password. Hit ‘Pay’.
5. If the payment has been successful, you will be shown your payment reference number. Do note it down. Then hit ‘OK’ and you’ll be redirected to IRCTC’s Thank You page.
8. While I was paying by ‘Direct Debit’, my ‘session expired’. Say what?
Here’s what happened – your session expired due to security reasons. This happens, simply, when you take too long to make the direct debit payment and don’t manage it in the specified amount of time. Go back to the IRCTCs website www.railtourismindia.com home page and start over again. We know it’s annoying, but it’s all for security.
9. I made a successful payment by ‘Direct Debit’ but the system says that the ‘verification has failed’. Now what?
To make a successful booking, your payment transaction has to get verified successfully at your bank’s direct debit gateway. The verification can fail because of various reasons. If you made a successful payment but the verification failed, don’t sweat. The amount debited from your account should get credited back within 7 working days.
10. I cancelled a booking which was made using ‘‘Direct Debit’’ option. How will I get my money back and when?
The account that you used for payment should get credited with the refund amount within 7 working days.
11.What is Card Verification Number (CVV) and where i can see?
The CVV is an important security feature that further reduces the risk of Internet fraud. This number never appears on sales receipts or billing statements and is only found on the physical card itself. We ask you to enter the CVV code during your transaction to make sure that the card is, in fact, in your possession.
For Visa/MasterCard: Your CVV is the three–digit code after the last four digits of your credit card number on the back of the card within the signature field.
For American Express: Your CVV is the four–digit number on the front right–hand side of the card above the card number.
12. What is Verified by Visa or VBV and How does it Work?
Verified by Visa or VBV is a product offered by Visa in conjunction with the bank that’s issued your card. VBV uses personal passwords or identity information to help protect Visa card numbers against unauthorized use. VBV is available for most Visa cards from participating financial institutions.
VBV protects your existing Visa card with a password that’s been created by you and provides the added assurance that only you can use your Visa card online. For more details on VBV, please click here.
13. How does VBV help me?
VBV provides an extra level of protection for online shopping and helps to prevent unauthorized online use before it can happens.
14. How do I know whether or not my bank has a VBV facility?
You can ask the help desk or Call Centre of the card issuing bank and confirm whether or not your card offers the VBV facility.
Questions before you book
15. What are the room types?
Room types are different categories of rooms available with different hotels like Deluxe Room, Premier Room and Executive Room etc. Please check for specific room type while booking.
16. How can I check the tariff for rooms?
By clicking on [View Rooms & Rate] tab for a particular hotel you can see the available rooms with their rates.
17. How can I get in touch with IRCTC?
You can reach us at email@example.com and or call us at 022-61539545.
18. Whether partial cancellation is allowed?
Yes, we are providing you partial cancellation facility. You need to Log-in www.railtourismindia.com and follow the normal cancellation procedure to cancel the Particular Date booking and then book afresh. cancellation charges will apply.
19. Whether extra payment Is to be made for late check-out or early check-in.?
Yes extra payment is to be made at hotel counter depending on hotel policies. Please contact the hotel directly for the same.
20. Can I book tickets from outside India?
A Customers can book tickets from anywhere in the World.
21. How to postpone/pre-pone hotel booking?
This can be done on line by cancelling the original booking and going for a new one.
22. Can more than two adults stay in one room?How many person one room can accommodate?
Most hotels allow additional guests to stay in a room for an extra charge as long as the room doesn’t exceed the maximum number of guests allowed per room. If you book a room that cannot accommodate your group, the hotel may cancel your reservation or require that you book additional rooms. If you have doubts, check directly with your hotel for their extra–guest charges and the maximum number of people allowed in the room you’ve booked.
It varies from hotel to hotel according to their policies.
23. Our children will be traveling with us – do they stay for free?
When making your booking, select the number of children traveling with you from the ‘Children’ drop–down box. If you select just 1 child, our search will give you the price of a double room with child, not including an extra bed. If you want an extra bed in the room, you need to increase the number of passengers in your search.
24. What if I need a specific type of hotel room (non–smoking, wheelchair friendly, etc.)?
Contact our Customer Support Team with your request and we’ll do our best to get you what you ask for. However, your request is ultimately subject to availability when you arrive at the hotel.
25. Will my credit card be charged when I book my reservation?
This varies with the type of rate and hotel you select. Normally, your credit card will be charged immediately for all reservations made through our website. This guarantees your reservation as well as the rate.
Questions after you’ve book
26. How do I know if my booking was successful?
We’ll send you an email confirmation for your hotel booking.
27. Do I need to confirm my booking?
No, you don’t. If you really want to, though, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your reservation. You can also contact the hotel directly if you prefer.
28. What if I don’t get a confirmation at the time of booking?
If a confirmation page doesn’t display once you complete your booking, check your email for a confirmation. If you don’t get an email confirmation within ten minutes, let us know at email@example.com and we’ll send you your confirmation details.
29. How to view booked hotels?
After login please click on the "Book Hotel Tab” from top navigation, then click on the "Booked Ticket Option" and enter your password. This page contains all the details of the tickets booked by you.
30. I didn’t get an Email confirmation. What do I do?
If you don’t receive an Email after making a reservation, it could be that we have the wrong email address on file or your Internet Service Provider blocked the email thinking it was spam (junk mail? from us? perish the thought). Check your spam folder, just in case, and add our email address – firstname.lastname@example.org – to your address book so that it doesn’t get filtered out next time. In the meantime, contact us at email@example.com so we can send you an email confirmation.
Be sure to include the following information:
1. Transaction ID,
2. Date of booking,
3. User_ID or Email ID,
4. Guests first name & last name,
5. The hotel name and location (city),
6. The check–in/check–out date.
31. How long will it take for the hotel to get my booking information?
The time it takes for a hotel to get your booking information varies by specific hotel and arrival date. In most cases the hotel should receive the reservation information within 12 hours of the time you made your booking (except for nights and weekends when the hotel’s reservation department is closed). Please note that this doesn’t apply to bookings made for the same day. Call customer support if you have questions.
There are certain reservations that are booked out of an allotment. These rooms are guaranteed and must be paid for when you check out of the hotel. In some cases the hotel won’t have your name on the reservation until approximately 24 hours before you arrive.
32. While booking, the amount was debited but hotel not booked. What should I do?
If due to some reason, you are not able to view the ticket confirmation page, please check your "Booked Tickets" list, where the details of all successfully booked tickets would be available. If still you are not able to view the desired transaction on this list, it means that the ticket has not been booked. The amount debited would be credited back to you in full without levying any charges. You may retry the transaction for booking your ticket. If you face this problem very often please let us know immediately.
33. What is my hotel’s check–in time?
Typically, the hotel check–in time is after 2:00 pm (local hotel time). Check with your specific hotel for its exact check–in time.
34. Will the hotel hold my room if I’m arriving late?
Since your reservation is guaranteed with a credit card, the hotel is obliged to hold your room until 7 am, the day after your planned arrival date.
35. What if I’m going to arrive early?
If you know you’re going to arrive early at your hotel, contact our Customer Support Team. We’ll do our best to accommodate your request, but it’s ultimately subject to room availability when you arrive at the hotel.
36. How do I get a receipt for my hotel booking?
Your email confirmation is your receipt, so keep a copy of it for your records. If you need a duplicate copy, contact our Customer Support Team with the following information:
a) Guest’s first & last name,
b) Transaction ID,
c) Date of booking,
d) User_ID or Email ID,
e) The hotel name and location (city),
f) The check–in/check–out dates.
and we’ll send you an email confirmation of your reservation.
37. What doccuments do i need to carry to check-in for my stay at hotel?
It is mandatory to carry a government issued photo identification (ID) valid Id's:-Volter Identity Card, /Passport /PAN Card /Driving License /Photo ID Card Issued By Central/State Govt. proof along with the E-Ticket copy.
38. I want to book online but don't have any credit or debit cards. Can I still book online?
You can still book your hotel online through Cash Cards,available in various denominations at many merchant establishments all over the country.
Cancellations & Refunds
39. How do I cancel my hotel booking?
Three easy steps after you hop on to your trips pages:
1. Select the hotel booking you want to cancel
2. Click on the “Cancellations” link
3. Hit the “Make cancellations” button
and your hotel booking will be cancelled. We’ll also send you an email confirming the cancellation.
40. Is cancellation possible on Internet? How will I get my ticket cancelled that I have booked at this site?
Cancellation is possible only on the Internet. No cash refunds will be made at the counter. The refund (after deducting the cancellation charges applicable as per cancellation rules) will be credited back directly to your credit card / bank account electronically.
1. Login by entering your user name and password.
2. For cancellation please click on Booked tickets under hotel bookings.
3. Re enter your password.
4. Select the ticket to be cancelled and click on Cancel Ticket option.
Due to unforeseen circumstances if online cancellation is not working, then you may call our help desk on 022-61539545 and send us an email to cancel the Hotel booking. You need to write us at firstname.lastname@example.org and please mention your Transaction ID and the booking details that you want to cancel.
41. If I need to cancel my hotel booking, What are the cancellation charges?
It depends on your hotel. Please go through the hotel’s booking policy mentioned on the booking page while making the reservation (in case you missed it, you can always sign in to your IRCTC Account (www.railtourismindia.com). However, please keep in mind that irrespective of what the hotel’s booking policy says, you cannot cancel your booking on the day that you’re supposed to check–in.
The cancellation charges depend on the hotel, time of stay (‘season’ time, ‘off–season’ time), and time of cancellation. To know what’s applicable in your case, check the hotel’s booking policy mentioned on the booking page while making the reservation (in case you missed it, you can always sign in to your IRCTC Account(www.railtourismindia.com). Apart from the cancellation charges levied by the hotel, IRCTC charges a fee of Rs. 300 for every hotel cancellation.
42. How will I get my money back after cancelling a hotel booking? and How long does it work?
We will credit the money back to the same account you used while making the booking. For example, if you used your credit card, we will make an appropriate charge reversal. If you used your debit card, we will credit the money back to the debit card.
We usually process the refund within 4 working days from the cancellation request. However, it may take slightly longer to reflect in your account statement as this depends upon your bank. We’ve noticed that it takes about 14 working days for most refunds to hit their respective accounts.
43. It’s been two weeks since I cancelled my booking but I still haven’t received my refund. Help!
We’re extremely sorry for the goof up. Please write to email@example.com. Someone will definitely get back to you soon.
Amendments (or changes in hotel bookings)
44. How do I modify a hotel booking?
IRCTC doesn’t support modifications to hotel bookings. You’ll have to cancel your existing booking and make a new one.
Help & FAQ / Registration & Sign in
45. How do I register with IRCTC?
Easy. Click on the [Register] link (it’s up top on the left) and enter your registration details. We’ll send an account activation email and you’re all set with a IRCTC account.
46. Do I have to register with IRCTC?
No – you’re free to search and book hotels as a guest on IRCTC without registering. If you travel frequently and like our service, though, registering saves you the hassle of typing out your details each time you want to make a booking. By registering, you also have the option of receiving great travel offers (and there are lots) from us by email.
47. How do I change my password?
Sign in to your IRCTC account. In the [Sign In Details] section under the [Profile] tab, click on the [Change your password] option. Then hit the [Save profile] button on the bottom.
48. I’ve forgotten my password. What do I do?
Don’t worry; it happens to the best of us. Click on [Forget Password] link and type in your User ID, select Question & write its answer.
49. What if my password is not recognized?
Check your username and password again. And again. Passwords are case sensitive; make sure your caps lock isn’t on. If you’ve forgotten your password, use the [Forget password] link and type in your User ID, select Question & write its answer.
50. How do I edit my account information?
Sign in to your www.railtourismindia.com account and get to the [Profile] tab. You can edit your information here – just be sure to hit the [Save profile] button when you’re done.
51. How do I log out of www.railtourismindia.com when I’m done?
Click the [Sign out] link on the web page and you’ll be logged out.
52. Do my browser’s privacy settings affect my www.railtourismindia.com experience?
IRCTC works with most levels of your browser’s privacy settings, so your experience will not change.
53. Some of the stuff I’m seeing looks a little bit old?
We do our best to serve you hot, fresh content. If you still see things that seem dated, try clearing your browser cache.
54. I’m getting an Expired Certificate warning.
This will happen only if you’re accessing our site using an old browser. Check with the certificate vendor for browser version compatibility, or switch to a newer browser.
55. What browser works best with this site?
www.railtourismindia.com best viewed in IE 7.0 and above with java script enabled.
For Any Queries contact us at our customer care helpdesk number 022-61539545 or mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.